Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Friday, September 17, 2010

Thomas the Train

My nephew has been in love with Thomas for over 3 years now.  Each May we travel to see Thomas on his Day Out at Heritage Park in Calgary.  It is so much fun watching his eyes light up when he sees Thomas on the traintrack.  For his 5th birthday he requested a Thomas Cake.  I searched online and fell in love with a few.  I was inspired when I saw a half-tiered cake with Thomas emerging from a tunnel.  I added a few of my own ideas as well.  All in all I love the way that it turned out.
I made 2 8" white cakes and then cut one of them in half and stacked them on one half of the other cake.  I used a Whipped Cream, Cream Cheese frosting for the filling and then decorated it using buttercream icing.  I started with green grass and a blue sky.  I piped some brown to make the tunnel and outlined it with chocolate chips.  I made a tree on the front and added some licorise candies that look like flowers.   I used a toy Thomas to set on the brown piped railway track.   I also put chocolate chips all around the bottom.     
On the top I wrote 'Happy 5th Birthday Josh!' and then I decided I needed to add some decorations to the back.  Harold flying over the mountains of Sodor Island was the perfect way to finish this Thomas and Friends Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...