Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Monday, June 4, 2012

Banana Bread or Muffins

There is something special about coming across a recipe that was written out by a loved one.  I love seeing my Granny's writing, years after she passed away.  Making a dish from one of her recipes brings back so many great memories.  Sadly, with todays technology, the tradition of passing down hand written recipes is getting lost.  I encourage you all to take the time to hand write some of your favourite recipes and pass them on to a loved one.

Today I am going to share a recipe with you that was handed down to me by my Mom.  Her banana bread is always a hit with our family, and even when she does a double batch, they do not last for long!  I was so happy when I received this recipe, knowing that I would have a special piece of home no matter how far away I was.  I am happy to be able to share it with all of you today, and my husband was thrilled to get to eat them!



Banana Bread/Muffins
Source: My Mom

Ingredients

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs
2 cups flour
3 bananas (previously frozen)
3 tablespoons of soup milk  (I mix aprroximately 2 tablespoons of milk with 1 tablespoon of vinegar to make it)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray pan if making bread, or fill muffin pan with liners.

Add all ingredients and beat on medium until well mixed.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Pour into bread pan, or fill muffin pans 3/4 full.  Loaves take approximately one hour to bake, muffins take approximately 18-20 minutes.  Insert a toothpick and when it comes out clean, they are done.  Take out and let cool, then enjoy!


Simple, yet delicious! 


Do you have a special recipe that was passed down to you by someone special?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...