Sprinkled With Love

Welcome to Sprinkled With Love! I started this blog in 2009 when I started taking Wilton cake decorating classes, as a way to share my decorated cakes with others. Since then my family & friends have kept me busy creating birthday cakes, wedding cakes & more. Sprinkled with love has grown to be so much more since then. Please take a look around to see what I have been up to, and remember, share some love and leave a comment!



Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 8: Beach Time!

Day 8 was all about the beaches of South Maui.  We lucked out and were given some boogie boards from a family that was checking out of our condo.  Next we headed to Kihei where we stopped at Boss Frogs to pick up a paddle board and some snorkel gear.

Our first stop was Makena Landing Beach Park.  We were told this was a hot snorkeling spot, so my husband and I tried it out.  There is a little grass area and a public bathroom, but not much of a beach.  We were also disappointed with the snorkeling in comparison to the other places that we had already been.  It was a beautiful spot though.


The second beach we stopped at was beautiful, but I will have to check my journal for its name when I get home.   We took a sandy path that was a bit tricky to navigate, but the beach was well worth it.  There were very few people there, the sand was very nice, and the water was nice too.  The guys tried paddle boarding and found that it was a lot harder than they expected.  They used it to do a little surfing too.  It is larger than surf boards, but this was helpful for my husband who had never surfed before.  The ocean bottom was a bit rocky, but they had a lot of fun!




 Big Beach is amazing.  The sand is gorgeous and definately every girl's dream for suntanning.  We also had fun in the water, especially the boys!  The water here is very powerful, so I wouldn't recommend it for young children.  Even I made sure that my husband was always close by.  I also recommend being very careful if you are wearing a bikini- enough said. 


Beautiful Ocean Colours
 
Boogie Boarding

The Boogie Boards after dealing with the crazy waves!

We had a wonderful day checking out some of the best beaches of South Maui.  On our way back, we stopped in Kihei at Sansei Sushi Bar.  We tried a wide variety of items and they were so delicious.  If you enjoy sushi, make sure to eat here if you are ever in Maui.


What is the name of the best beach you have ever visited?  What is your favourite beach activity?



1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I visited Maui many years ago and I'll never forget those beaches. Some of them are quite tricky to get to! Thank you for sharing these lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...